Welcome, Guest
If you have a question about the site, ask it here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Click-jacking or spam with login link?

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 8 months ago #508

Is anyone else seeing strange behavior with the login link at the top of the site in the header bar? I'm using a mobile device and when I am logged out and click the link I get pop ups saying my system is infected with viruses etc. It almost seems like someone hacked something and injected a malicious link on your site...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 8 months ago #509

• Trevor Meier
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 25
I haven't seen anything myself. But, I will do some scans, and look into the possibility it is the site, and not your computer.

Thanks for the heads up!

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 8 months ago #510

The same thing happens on my wife's phone. On closer inspection, it looks like this happens when I click the empty space in the top bar just to the right of the login link and the little orange triangle icon... not the actual login link. Only happens on mobile. It opens a link to the Google Play store for some antivirus app and tries to trick me into downloading it saying I have viruses on my phone. It only happens after I clear my mobile browser's cache and website data because after the first time, my browser subsequently blocks the popups as it seems to detect them as malicious/spam. Is this a sponsored link you are hosting intentionally? If so that would be disappointing as it is very deceptive. I've attached some screenshots...
Attachments:

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 8 months ago #511

• Trevor Meier
  • Administrator
Hi Clinton. I was able to reproduce the issue when I cleared my cache.

From what I can find, it appears to be a virus on the phone itself.

Try a quick google search of "your system is heavily damaged by four virus".

I am still trying to figure out how to remove the bug. I will continue looking into this.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Trevor Meier.

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 7 months ago #512

Hi Trevor, any progress? It seems like other links on the mobile site are affected as well. I don't always get the fake virus alert, sometimes it's just a pop-up advertisement. The mobile version is pretty much unusable since it is cluttered with deceptive/hidden ad links. In addition, on the mobile version of our ladder page everything displays garbled as if the html/css styles are all screwy. I'll attach a screenshot...

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 7 months ago #513

• Trevor Meier
  • Administrator
From lots of reading, it appears to be a common malware virus on the phone's browser. I added some code to delete any malware cookies from your phone that are attached to this site. Lets see if that fixes it. If so, it shouldn't occur every again. Let me know. I am not seeing any issues on my phone or browser.

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 7 months ago #514

Wow, that's odd that the virus would single out cookies for your site. Never heard of a site-specific virus before... But in any case the issue with the links is no longer happening at all. Thanks!!
The ladder page still appears all messed up on mobile, but I'm sure that's an unrelated issue.

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 7 months ago #515

• Trevor Meier
  • Administrator
We did a deep site scan to ensure it wasn't a virus on the site. Apparently, it wasn't a cookie. This is not my area of expertise. I just contacted the server guys and they "fixed it". Either way, it should be fully resolved from a security update to the software.

I really do appreciate you bringing this to my attention. It wasn't until I used my phone in "Private" mode that I saw it myself. I am surprised more people didn't mention anything. I only heard from two members about this. I really hope it didn't scare any members, or new members away.

Also, send a screenshot of the ladders on mobile. I will take a look.
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Trevor Meier.

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 7 months ago #518

Ok thanks Trevor. I appreciate you looking into it. Here is another screenshot, hopefully it gives you an idea of what the page looks like. I didn't want to include too much info containing people's names, etc. So I scrolled to the right to cut that info off...
Attachments:

Click-jacking or spam with login link? 1 year 7 months ago #519

• Trevor Meier
  • Administrator
I FIXED IT!

I actually had to log into a ladder I was playing in to see it.

Thanks again!
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Trevor Meier.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds

Search for Tennis Near You

or
The official networks of GTN

Introductory Video

Latest Forum Posts