× If you have a question about the site, ask it here.

Need advice for racket/strings (beginner)

More
3 months 1 week ago #927 by JACKSON RYAN
Hello,

A few months ago, I bought a Head MX Cyber Elite racket with the default manufacturer strings. I was a complete beginner with no prior experience, so this beginner's racket, especially since it was on sale and I - on a budget - seemed a perfect fit for me.

Now, however, I progressed fairly quickly and after I tried a friend's racket (I think it was Wilson Clash) with custom strings, it just struck me how easier it was to play with that other racket. Therefore, I am thinking of changing some things up. I already suspected that my current strings may be too stiff and adding too much power to an already powerful beginner's racket.

The problem is that I am still on a budget and would prefer to keep my current racket, at least for some time. Would it be worth keeping my Head MX Cyber Elite and getting new strings? Or would it really be best to get a new racket? In any case, could you suggest me what strings I could use with the Head MX Cyber Elite so that I could get more spin and control?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 4 days ago #928 by Jack Walton
I used Solinco Hyper-G in the past and working best for me, i read the positive reviews + buyers were pretty satisfied so i get those strings, if you want to check you read reviews from here i hope you will get your answer.

More
3 months 3 days ago #929 by JACKSON RYAN
Keep the same playing conditions Testing racquets can take a lot of time, therefore be careful to not waste it. Some conditions must remain the same. First: the partner. The aim is to have the same kind of balls on every racquet you are testing.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
The official networks of GTN

Introductory Video