Welcome, Guest
Send us some suggestions to improve on our site.

TOPIC: Idle Penalty

Idle Penalty 4 months 1 week ago #439

• Daniel Giraldi
  • Thank you received: 5
Hi, Trevor. I am not using the forum for a long time. It means our ranking is working very well ;) . We have a suggestion: About the idle penalty we have a situation with the following setup:
1 max issued challenge
1 max accepted challenge
15 day to play a match
20 days idle penalty

If the opponent takes too long to respond to a challenge and finishes in an automatic forfeit after 15 days of waiting it is very possible that the chalenger player will be penalized by the 20 days of idle.
My opinion would be to reset the idle of the player who challenged and received the forfeit.

Thanks,
Daniel
Last Edit: 4 months 1 week ago by Daniel Giraldi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Debbie Lessley

Idle Penalty 4 months 1 week ago #440

• Trevor Meier
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 23
Hi Daniel!

Good to be posting on the forum again. It is going to be a long winter.

Anyway, I see your point. I have to think about this one. I suppose the question is, should forfeits be counted as activity on the ladder?

Trevor

Idle Penalty 4 months 1 week ago #441

• Daniel Giraldi
  • Thank you received: 5
It´s summer time in Brazil now ;).
Your question is right. My answer would be YES is an activity for those who are looking for playing (challengers). Maybe submiting a challenge would be an activity.

Tks,
Daniel

Idle Penalty 2 months 1 week ago #454

• Lee Sturtevant
  • Thank you received: 2
I would suggest these penalties:

1. Idle for 60 days, lose 60 points.

2. Idle for 90 days, automatically removed from ladder by GTN data base.

We live in a small city (50K) and we also have to deal with winter indoor tennis. However, I experimented with several ladders since I became a member a long time ago. The first year allows you to assess the integrity and frequency of play by your members. I find that too many penalties are a deterent. On the other hand, if the ladder is 15 to 20 strong with 4.0 to 4.5 players and these guys and ladies are very competitive and like to see their stats online then you can tighten up the penalties by communicating with your members through this site.

It's not at all complicated if you communicate with your members on a monthly basis. Too many more emails/PM's than that can be annoying. Ask them questions as to what types of ladders they would like Admin to create and how long they would like the ladders to run. Ask them how strict the penalties should be. Once you get the feedback the final decision is up to you or you and other administrators.

Have fun with GTN and your new network. Trevor has done an excellent job with GTN and I will be a long supporter of his site for years to come.

Best regards,

Lee
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Lee Sturtevant.
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Introductory Video

Search Forum

Keyword