× Discuss GTN tennis ladders here.

Points systems - no help available

More
1 month 1 week ago #1015 by Phil Kent
I've been running a ladder for a few months now and had some feedback from players that they didn't like the points system I set it up with (ELO), we subsequently changed to % games and I've had several comments that the points seem very random and weird, folk are losing points for winning matches! I also have issues in that the points deducted seem unfair for lack of play compared to ELO (where you start with many more points), so many players now with negative points. It's not very inspiring. Twice I've written to GTN asking for advice and help. I've never got a reply. Anyone else got hints and tips for points systems or had issues getting advice from GTN?
My view is stick with standard leepfrog. It worked well last year before I started using this site. Not sure I'll be using this site next year based on this years experience.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #1016 by Clube Ténis Paço do Lumiar
Last edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Clube Ténis Paço do Lumiar. Reason: Wrong forum

More
1 month 1 week ago #1017 by Paulo Pinto da Luz
The reason that some players have negative points lies in following ladder rule

11. If in the last 14 days a player has not played a match, they will drop 10 points.

You should have choosen instead a percentage penalty, like 2 or 3%

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Introductory Video