Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Singles
3. This ladder will begin January 01, 2020 and end December 31, 2022.
4. Players will not be penalized for not playing matches.
5. Forfeits will not be treated like a lost match, and will have no affect on rankings or points.
6. Any of the following match formats can be used:
8 Game Pro Set: An 8 game pro set is first to 8 games by a margin of two games. A 12-point tie-break is usually played when the score is 8-8.
Example scores: 8-6 or 9-8 Single Set: A single set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games.
Example scores: 6-3 or 7-6 Best of 3 Sets with 3rd Set Tiebreak: Best of 3 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games. The third set tiebreak can be played to any number of points as long as the winner wins more points than the loser.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 or 6-3, 7-6
7. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Leap Frog Plus: This system is the based on the classic Leap Frog system, but also awards additional points based on games won and lost. This rewards players with points regardless of the outcome, and encourages more play. Here is how it works:
If you play a best of 3 set match, there are 39 addition points awarded in addition to leaping (or not leaping). This is because 39 is the maximum number of games that could be played in a 3 set match (7-6, 6-7, 7-6). The loser always gets 1 point for each game they win, and the winner gets the rest.
Lets say team A is ranked #1 and has 200 points, and team B is ranked #5 and has 150 points. Here are two sceniaros to help see what could happen:
1. If team A wins 6-1, 6-2, they would then have 236 points, and team B would have 153 points.
2. If team B wins 6-4, 6-3, they would then have 232 points, and team A would have 207 points.
8. After the match, report your score to the ladder administrator who must submit the scores for you according to their rules.
9. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
Sr. Women (2020-22) is a tennis ladder in Belpre, Ohio.