Country: United Kingdom State: England City: Warwick
2. The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Singles
3. This ladder is free to join.
4. This ladder will begin May 01, 2020 and end May 01, 2021.
5. Players have 21 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
6. Each time a team declines a challenge, they will drop 10 points.
7. Players have 14 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenged team automatically declines the challenge.
8. Players can have up to 3 pending outgoing challenge at a time. This includes an outgoing challenge that has been accepted but not played. The outgoing challenge has to be completed before a new one can be made.
9. Players can have up to 3 pending incoming challenge at a time. This includes an incoming challenge that has been accepted but not played. The incoming challenge has to be completed before a new one can be accepted.
10. Players have 2 wildcard challenges. Wildcards allows a team to play a team much higher ranked than the rules typically allow.
11. If in the last 21 days a player has not played a match, they will drop 5% of their points.
12. Players may only play an opponent within 3 ranks above them, and 3 ranks below them.
13. You may only play an opponent if this player was not played in your last 2 matches.
14. Forfeits will be treated like a lost match, and will affect rankings and points.
15. Any of the following match formats can be used:
Best of 3 Sets with 3rd Set Tiebreak: Best of 3 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games. The third set tiebreak can be played to any number of points as long as the winner wins more points than the loser.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 or 6-3, 7-6
16. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Leap Frog Plus: This system is the based on the classic Leap Frog system, but also awards additional points based on games won and lost. This rewards players with points regardless of the outcome, and encourages more play. Here is how it works:
If you play a best of 3 set match, there are 39 addition points awarded in addition to leaping (or not leaping). This is because 39 is the maximum number of games that could be played in a 3 set match (7-6, 6-7, 7-6). The loser always gets 1 point for each game they win, and the winner gets the rest.
Lets say team A is ranked #1 and has 200 points, and team B is ranked #5 and has 150 points. Here are two sceniaros to help see what could happen:
1. If team A wins 6-1, 6-2, they would then have 236 points, and team B would have 153 points.
2. If team B wins 6-4, 6-3, they would then have 232 points, and team A would have 207 points.
17. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
18. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
WTC Singles Ladder 2020-21 is a tennis league in Warwick, England.
Warwick Tennis Club Singles Ladder - Open to all adult members, male and female.