Country: United States State: Vermont City: Burlington
2. The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: 4.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Singles
3. This ladder will begin November 01, 2021 and end May 01, 2022.
4. Players have 7 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
5. Players will forfeit a match when they decline a challenge.
6. Players have 14 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenged team automatically declines the challenge.
7. Players can have up to 1 pending outgoing challenge at a time. This includes an outgoing challenge that has been accepted but not played. The outgoing challenge has to be completed before a new one can be made.
8. Players can have up to 1 pending incoming challenge at a time. This includes an incoming challenge that has been accepted but not played. The incoming challenge has to be completed before a new one can be accepted.
9. Match Instructions:
Each player should bring a can of balls. One can is opened to be used for the match, and when the match is completed the unopened can goes to the winner of the match.
10. If in the last 21 days a player has not played a match, they will drop 1 points.
11. Players may only play an opponent within 3 ranks above them.
12. You may only play an opponent if this player was not played in your last 1 matches.
13. Forfeits will not be treated like a lost match, and will have no affect on rankings or points.
14. Any of the following match formats can be used:
Best 2 of 3 10-Point Tiebreaks: Best 2 of 3 10-point tiebreaks is first to win 2 10-point tiebreaks. Each tiebreak is first to 10 points, win by 2.
Example scores: 10-8, 11-9 or 13-11, 7-10, 10-5
15. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Elo Rating: This system is the best system for ranking teams by their ability. Each team will start with 1500 points, which will increase as they win and decrease as they lose. The amount of points gained or lost from a match is dependent on the points of the opponent played. For example, if a 2000 point team beats a 1000 point team, very little change will occur to either teams rating. However, if a 2000 point team loses to a 1000 point team, both teams ratings will change drastically. Teams points will also change more drastically during the first games that are recorded. This allows teams to reach a stable equilibrium quickly. Learn more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
16. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
17. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
Mixed's Singles 4.0 to 6.0 Tennis Ladder is a tennis ladder in Burlington, Vermont.