Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Singles
3. This ladder is free to join.
4. This ladder will begin June 21, 2020 and end September 19, 2021.
5. Players have 14 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
6. Players will not be penalized for declining challenges.
7. Players have 15 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenge is simply cancelled.
8. Players can have up to 3 pending outgoing challenge at a time. This includes an outgoing challenge that has been accepted but not played. The outgoing challenge has to be completed before a new one can be made.
9. Players can have up to 3 pending incoming challenge at a time. This includes an incoming challenge that has been accepted but not played. The incoming challenge has to be completed before a new one can be accepted.
10. If in the last 100 days a player has not played a match, they will drop 5 points.
11. You may only play an opponent on the ladder 7 time(s).
12. Forfeits will not be treated like a lost match, and will have no affect on rankings or points.
13. Any of the following match formats can be used:
Best of 3 Sets: Best of 3 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 or 6-4, 7-6 8 Game Pro Set: An 8 game pro set is first to 8 games by a margin of two games. A 12-point tie-break is usually played when the score is 8-8.
Example scores: 8-6 or 9-8 Anything Goes: Players decide what type of match they would like to play.
Example scores: 5-3, 8-2 or 21-20, 21-18
14. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Custom Points: This system allows you to determine how many points are awarded for playing a match, winning a match, set, or even a game. You can also deduct points for a loss or award more points for winning in straight sets or a higher ranked team.
Points for winning a match: 10 Points lost for losing a match: 10 Points for playing a match: 3
15. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
16. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
Chatham Tennis Club Singles Ladder 2020 is a tennis league in Chatham-Kent, Ontario.
The player with the greatest number of points and with at least 8 matches played will be the champion