Chalford Tennis Mixed Doubles is a tennis league in Chalford, England.
The aims of the ladders are to provide the opportunity to play competitive matches, to help you improve, to help you... assess your improvement and to meet other players of a similar standard. We would expect the top of the ladder (levels 5 & 6)to be very competitive and the lower end to be for beginners (level 2), improvers (levels 3 & 4) and social players. All standards are very welcome.
If you are looking for the singles ladder the search for "Chalford" in the Find a Ladder link above.
1. The ladder will be web based and changes of phone numbers or email addresses and score results will be maintained on the Global Tennis Network web site
2. You will need to be a member of the Chalford Tennis Club and register on the Global Tennis Network to join the ladder.
3. In the doubles ladder the partners can me male-male, female-female or male-female and need not match the composition of the opposing team.
4. You do not need a regular partner to play in the ladder and may play with any player registered for the double ladder. You can register for both the doubles and the singles ladder or either one.
5. Because double partners do not always stay the same for each match, the doubles ladders keep everyone separate. A player's points for each match are determined by who they play with, and who their two opponents are. If two players play together throughout the entire ladder, they will have the same ranking. Because of the complexity of doubles, players do not challenge one another, scores are simply submitted by the winning team after a match. Therefore you should just arrange and play a match but only with players that are registered for the doubles ladder.
6. The True Rank system will be used. This system is loosely based on Elo rating system which many believe to be the most accurate system for ranking player ability. The True Rank System awards points based on current points, margins of victory and opponents points. If enough matches are played, the best players will be at the top of your ladder. Any type of score can be used for the matches.
7. New players can join at any point in the season.
8. The standard rules of the LTA apply to ladder matches.
9. The players can choose any scoring method “Anything Goes”, best of three sets, single set, 8 game pro set, 10 game pro set, single set
10. The winners of the match are responsible for updating the results within 24 hours. Please select one player to do this.
11. A player who is inactive for four weeks is moved down in the ranking
12. A player who is inactive for 8 weeks will be removed from the ladder.