1. The ladder is located in:
Country: United States
State: North Carolina
City: Chapel Hill
2. The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: Junior tennis
Match Format: Singles
3. This ladder will begin June 13, 2022 and end August 31, 2022.
4. Players have 28 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
5. Players will not be penalized for declining challenges.
6. Players have 30 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenge is simply cancelled.
7. Match Instructions:
Winner to report score. Third set format by mutual consent, either played out or 10-point tiebreaker, decide before match starts! Use the 'Anything Goes' match option to report the score of a third set ten-point tie-breaker. Remember the goal is to run around and have fun!
8. If in the last 30 days a player has not played a match, they will drop 5% of their points.
9. Forfeits will be treated like a lost match, and will affect rankings and points.
10. Any of the following match formats can be used:
Anything Goes: Players decide what type of match they would like to play.
Example scores: 5-3, 8-2 or 21-20, 21-18
Best of 3 Sets with 3rd Set Tiebreak: Best of 3 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games. The third set tiebreak can be played to any number of points as long as the winner wins more points than the loser.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 or 6-3, 7-6
Best 2 of 3 10-Point Tiebreaks: Best 2 of 3 10-point tiebreaks is first to win 2 10-point tiebreaks. Each tiebreak is first to 10 points, win by 2.
Example scores: 10-8, 11-9 or 13-11, 7-10, 10-5
11. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Custom Points: This system allows you to determine how many points are awarded for playing a match, winning a match, set, or even a game. You can also deduct points for a loss or award more points for winning in straight sets or a higher ranked team.
Points for losing a match: 250
The match winner takes 10% of the loser's points.
12. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
13. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications. For any questions please email Mike Kociecki at firstname.lastname@example.org