Tallahassee Men's 2.0 to 3.5 Singles - 2017 - 18 is a tennis ladder in Tallahassee, Florida.
The Tallahassee Men's 2.0 to 3.5 Singles Ladder has been established to promote tennis playing opportunities for the Tallahassee Community. The ladder is open to 2.0 through 3.5 players of all age groups.
The ladder is online and fully automatic from signing up, issuing challenges and reporting results. The only limitation is it will be capped at 100 players. The ladder ID number is 1941.
The initial positions are set based on your original sign-in position from last year or when you sign up if you're a new player.
The ladder is maintained on the Global Tennis Network web site (www.globaltennisnetwork.com) which claims to have over 10,000 registered players around the world.
You will need to register for the site and also register for the league. After you register for the site (or if you're already registered) you will also need to "sign up" for the league under "Ladder Player Menu" along the left side of the page. Give me a call or send me an e-mail if you are having trouble.
Some others rules & guidelines to follow:
1. The challenged player gets to choose the match format, court surface and location. (If the challenger disagrees, the default format is a three-set match with a 10-pt third-set tie-breaker in lieu of the third set.)
2. A player cannot challenge or be challenged more than 5 times (including challenges accepted but not played.)
3. The challenged player will have 7 days to accept or decline a challenge. After 7 days it is automatically declined and the player drops 5 rankings in the ladder (also drops 5 rankings for manually declining a challenge.)
4. The match should be played within 7 days. If not, the challenge may be automatically declined in 30 days. The challenged player and the challenger automatically drops 5 spots. Notify the administrator at least one week before the deadline if there are scheduling delays.
5. Players can only challenge within 10 ladder rankings up or an unlimited number of rankings down.
6. Players cannot challenge the same player before they challenge at least 1 other players in sequence.
7. Each player brings a can of balls. The winner keeps the new can or is compensated for his can (if he opened one for the match.) The loser gets the game balls. If players agree to open the second can for a full third set, there is no additional can awarded to the winner.
8. The rankings change based on match results. If a lower ranked player wins, he leapfrogs the loser on the ladder.
9. Forfeits will count towards determining rankings.
10. There is a vacation/injury tool. If you are going on vacation or are injured, the administrator can change your status in the computer so others will know you are not available.
If there are any conflicting rules, the ladder designated rules below take precedence.