Country: United States State: New York City: Windham
2. The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Doubles
3. This ladder is free to join.
4. This ladder will begin June 20, 2019 and end December 20, 2021.
5. Teams have 14 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
6. Teams will not be penalized for declining challenges.
7. Teams have 14 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenged team automatically declines the challenge.
8. Teams can have up to 3 pending outgoing challenge at a time. This includes an outgoing challenge that has been accepted but not played. The outgoing challenge has to be completed before a new one can be made.
9. Teams can have up to 3 pending incoming challenge at a time. This includes an incoming challenge that has been accepted but not played. The incoming challenge has to be completed before a new one can be accepted.
10. Teams will not be penalized for not playing matches.
11. Forfeits will be treated like a lost match, and will affect rankings and points.
12. Any of the following match formats can be used:
Anything Goes: Players decide what type of match they would like to play.
Example scores: 5-3, 8-2 or 21-20, 21-18
13. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Elo Rating: This system is the best system for ranking teams by their ability. Each team will start with 1500 points, which will increase as they win and decrease as they lose. The amount of points gained or lost from a match is dependent on the points of the opponent played. For example, if a 2000 point team beats a 1000 point team, very little change will occur to either teams rating. However, if a 2000 point team loses to a 1000 point team, both teams ratings will change drastically. Teams points will also change more drastically during the first games that are recorded. This allows teams to reach a stable equilibrium quickly. Learn more here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system
14. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
15. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
HRC Mixed Doubles is a tennis league in Windham, New York.
HighRidge Club social mixed doubles for members and their guests