Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Singles
3. This ladder is free to join.
4. This ladder will begin September 02, 2020 and end September 02, 2021.
5. Players have 7 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
6. Players will forfeit a match when they decline a challenge.
7. Players have 10 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenged team automatically forfeits the match.
8. Players can have up to 2 pending outgoing challenge at a time. This includes an outgoing challenge that has been accepted but not played. The outgoing challenge has to be completed before a new one can be made.
9. Players can have up to 2 pending incoming challenge at a time. This includes an incoming challenge that has been accepted but not played. The incoming challenge has to be completed before a new one can be accepted.
10. Match Instructions:
Best of three tie-break sets. Can challenge up to 3 rungs above. Winner takes rung above loser. Challenger wins by forfeit if challenge not accepted within 7 days. Challenge lapses if match not played within 10 days of acceptance of challenge. Where two challenges are current and involve same player, first challenge plays first and if this puts challenger of second match out of reach of opponent he/she must withdraw.
11. Players will not be penalized for not playing matches.
12. Players may only play an opponent within 3 ranks above them, and 3 ranks below them.
13. Forfeits will not be treated like a lost match, and will have no affect on rankings or points.
14. Any of the following match formats can be used:
Best of 3 Sets: Best of 3 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 or 6-4, 7-6
15. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Leap Frog: This is the most basic and simplest ranking system. When a lower ranked player beats a higher ranked player, the lower ranked player "leap frogs" over the higher ranked player, pushing them and each player initially between them down one spot. If the higher ranked player wins, nothing happens.
16. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
17. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
Heworth Tennis Club is a tennis league in York, England.