Country: United States State: New York City: New City
2. The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Doubles
3. This ladder is free to join.
4. This ladder will begin January 26, 2020 and end January 26, 2021.
5. Teams have 7 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
6. Teams will not be penalized for declining challenges.
7. Teams have 14 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenged team automatically forfeits the match.
8. Teams have 1 wildcard challenges. Wildcards allows a team to play a team much higher ranked than the rules typically allow.
9. Match Instructions:
Challenger must bring a can of balls
10. Teams will not be penalized for not playing matches.
11. You may only play an opponent on the ladder 2 time(s).
12. Forfeits will not be treated like a lost match, and will have no affect on rankings or points.
13. Any of the following match formats can be used:
Best of 3 Sets with 3rd Set Tiebreak: Best of 3 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games. The third set tiebreak can be played to any number of points as long as the winner wins more points than the loser.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 or 6-3, 7-6
14. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Leap Frog: This is the most basic and simplest ranking system. When a lower ranked player beats a higher ranked player, the lower ranked player "leap frogs" over the higher ranked player, pushing them and each player initially between them down one spot. If the higher ranked player wins, nothing happens.
15. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
16. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
2020 Men’s Doubles Ladder is a tennis league in New City, New York.
The purpose of the doubles ladder is to rank teams at the club. You are allowed to challenge teams one above you on the... ladder. Challenge Matches must be completed within one week of challenge.