Country: United States State: Arizona City: Phoenix
2. The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Singles
3. There is a fee to join this ladder. Upon registering for this ladder, you will be taken to a page with instruction on how to make a payment.
4. This ladder will begin February 17, 2020 and end February 17, 2021.
5. Players have 7 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
6. Players will forfeit a match when they decline a challenge.
7. Players have 14 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenged team automatically declines the challenge.
8. Match Instructions:
9. Players will not be penalized for not playing matches.
10. Players may only play an opponent within 3 ranks above them.
11. Forfeits will not be treated like a lost match, and will have no affect on rankings or points.
12. Any of the following match formats can be used:
8 Game Pro Set: An 8 game pro set is first to 8 games by a margin of two games. A 12-point tie-break is usually played when the score is 8-8.
Example scores: 8-6 or 9-8 Anything Goes: Players decide what type of match they would like to play.
Example scores: 5-3, 8-2 or 21-20, 21-18 Best of 3 Sets with 3rd Set Tiebreak: Best of 3 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games. The third set tiebreak can be played to any number of points as long as the winner wins more points than the loser.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 or 6-3, 7-6 Best of 5 Sets: Best of 5 sets is first to win 3 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2 or 6-4, 7-6, 7-5
13. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Leap Frog: This is the most basic and simplest ranking system. When a lower ranked player beats a higher ranked player, the lower ranked player "leap frogs" over the higher ranked player, pushing them and each player initially between them down one spot. If the higher ranked player wins, nothing happens.
14. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
15. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
Men's Adult Singles is a tennis league in Phoenix, Arizona.