Country: United States State: Tennessee City: Franklin
2. The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: 2.00 to 6.00
Match Format: Singles
3. This ladder is free to join.
4. This ladder will begin August 23, 2020 and end September 30, 2021.
5. Players have 3 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
6. Players will not be penalized for declining challenges.
7. Players have 7 days to play an accepted challenge before it expires and the following occurs:
The challenged team automatically declines the challenge.
8. Players can have up to 3 pending outgoing challenge at a time. This includes an outgoing challenge that has been accepted but not played. The outgoing challenge has to be completed before a new one can be made.
9. Players can have up to 3 pending incoming challenge at a time. This includes an incoming challenge that has been accepted but not played. The incoming challenge has to be completed before a new one can be accepted.
10. Players will not be penalized for not playing matches.
11. Players may only play an opponent within 2 ranks above them, and 2 ranks below them.
12. Forfeits will not be treated like a lost match, and will have no affect on rankings or points.
13. Any of the following match formats can be used:
8 Game Pro Set: An 8 game pro set is first to 8 games by a margin of two games. A 12-point tie-break is usually played when the score is 8-8.
Example scores: 8-6 or 9-8 Single Set: A single set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games.
Example scores: 6-3 or 7-6 Fast4 Best of 3 Sets with 3rd Set Tiebreak: Best of 3 Fast4 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 4 games. A Fast4 tie-breaker is played if each team has won 3 games. If each team has won a set, a Fast4 tie-breaker will be played. A Fast4 tie-breaker is the first team to win 5 points. Read more about Fast4 here.
Example scores: 4-3, 1-4, 1-0 or 4-3, 4-0
14. The following system will be used to compute a player's position on the ladder.
Leap Frog: This is the most basic and simplest ranking system. When a lower ranked player beats a higher ranked player, the lower ranked player "leap frogs" over the higher ranked player, pushing them and each player initially between them down one spot. If the higher ranked player wins, nothing happens.
15. After the match, the winner will submit the score.
16. All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
Tennis Ladder Menu
BGA Middle School Tennis Girls Ladder is a tennis league in Franklin, Tennessee.
Players ranked 1-9 are on the Blue Team (#8 and #9 are backups and play exhibition matches if available).
#10 and up... are Gold Team.