JTP Summer Session - Mixed 2.5-5.0 is a tennis league in Grafton, Massachusetts.
Anyone can join!
Ranking Ladder: Summer Session
*Amateurs Only. No Pros or Semi-Pros
2.5 to 5.0 levels
Multiple... divisions of A, B, C, etc. classes playing together
COVID-19: Standard precautions observed. Please respect distancing at all times. Each player must use their own can of tennis balls and avoid touching others.
$25 to join. Just to make it interesting, cash prizes will be given at the end of the session. See below.
- Matches will be 2 out of 3 sets
- Players schedule matches at times convenient for them
- rankings initially from previous matches recorded plus judgement call from the commissioner
- Player can challenge up to 5 rankings above you or 3 below
- Player receives 2 wildcard challenges to play anyone of any ranking including #1 .
- You must play one match per week otherwise you drop 1 ranking spot. You swap places with the player below you. E.g. #1 becomes #2 and #2 becomes #1.
- Once a challenge is issued you have 2 days to reply and 7 days to play once confirmed.
- Everyone gets 1 injury week to be able to skip a match if needed without penalty
- You must play 50% of the weeks or 5 matches to be eligible for Playoffs Tournament or Wildcard Entry
- Playoff Tournament will feature the Top 10 Players & 4 Wild Card Entry of one of the non-Top 10.
*There will be an ending tournament for every player C Class, B Class, and Finale Playoffs
At end of the session, the seasonal rankings end. New season starts with placement of the results of the Playoff Tournament. Everyone starts with new wildcards for the next season.
The number of divisions will be determined at the discretion of the commissioner. There may be only A and B divisions, but if more people join the ladder, there may be a C division.
The cash prizes will be split with the following percentages. The following example assumes that 24 players join.
Total Prize Money: $600
For Division A: @ 60% = $360
For Division B: @ 40% = $240
Winner A/B = $108/$72
Runner Up A/B = $72/$48
Seminfinal A/B = $42/$28
Quarterfinal A/B = $25/$17