2023 JTP Spring Session is a tennis ladder in Grafton, Massachusetts.
Anyone can join! (within 2.5 to 5.0 NTRP)
Note: Please create a free Universal Tennis account and additionally log... your matches there so that players can build their Universal Tennis Rating. Please do it here at: https://www.universaltennis.com/
Ranking Ladder: Summer Session
2.5 to 5.0 levels
Multiple divisions of Silver, Gold and Platinum playing together in the same ladder.
$25 to join. Just to make it interesting, a cash prize will be given at the end of the session based on the level of participation.
- Matches will be 2 out of 3 sets
- Players can agree, before the match, for a 10 point tie break instead of a 3rd set, but if both players don't agree, then a third set must be played. If one can't do it, then he'll have to forfeit.
- Players schedule matches at times convenient for them at public outdoor courts via text or the league's WhatsApp group, with the challenger usually ceding to the other's preference.
-For more competitive play, players will play within each out the Silver, Gold and Platinum to which they will initially be assigned. Players can move between boxes as they go up and down the ladder.
- Rankings initially from previous matches recorded plus judgement call from the commissioner
- Player can challenge up to 5 rankings above you or 3 below
- Player receives 2 wildcard challenges to play anyone of any ranking including #1 .
- You must play one match per week otherwise you lose points.
- Once a challenge is issued you have 2 days to reply and 7 days to play once confirmed.
- Matches should only be scheduled when there is sufficient time to play, at least 3 hours should be alloted
- If rain or light cause an incomplete match, both players should make an effort to complete the match at another time
- If one player has to leave before the match is complete, they will forfeit the match
- Everyone gets 1 injury week to be able to skip a match if needed without penalty
*There will be an ending tournament for every player in Silver, Gold and Platinum divisions
At end of the session, the seasonal rankings end. New season starts with placement of the results of the Playoff Tournament. Everyone starts with new wildcards for the next season.
After both sessions and their tournaments have closed, the top eight will have the option of entering JTP Year End Championship Final tournament. Structured like the ATP Finals, the eight players will be broken up into two groups and play a round robin and then advance to a semifinal. The top two players will battle it out for bragging rights!