WELCOME TO THE WOMEN'S TENNIS LADDER IN FAIRBANKS, ALASKA - WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN!
WHAT IS A TENNIS LADDER: A tennis ladder is a way for local tennis enthusiasts to meet and play matches with other similarly skilled players, at mutually convenient times.
THIS LADDER'S CATEGORY IS WOMEN’S SINGLES
FEE- there is NO fee for the first 10 members. A fee of 5$ will apply to manage the Ladder's website administration fee after 10 member capacity is reached.
ABILITY LEVELS: These levels are merely guidelines and players may register for any ladder where they feel their ability level will make them competitive.
BEGINNER: Equivalent to a USTA ranking of 2.5
ADVANCED BEGINNER: Equivalent to a USTA ranking of 3.0
INTERMEDIATE: Equivalent to a USTA ranking of 3.5
ADVANCED: Equivalent to a USTA ranking of 4.0 and higher
MOVING UP THE LADDER: When a higher seed loses, the winner will replace that individual, and
the loser moves down one spot. Everyone in between the players will also move down one spot. If you challenge and lose, no one moves.
1. REGISTRATION PROCESS & INITIAL RANKINGS: Interested in signing-up for a ladder? Simply register yourself on the Alaska Club & Community Network and you will be added to our network! The Women's Single Ladder is under the Alaska Club & Community Network name, you simply "sign up" for the Ladder once added to the network.
2. CHALLENGING: You may challenge a player ranked one or two spots above you. If you win your match you take the place of the person you defeated. You may now issue your challenge and specify the place and time of the match. Email or call the player being challenged who may accept, decline or modify the challenge.
4. IF YOU ARE CHALLENGED: If you are challenged you will receive the challenge email and then you have three options:
I. ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE: Email to accept the challenge. You have 4 days from the moment you are challenged to respond and 14 days from the moment you are challenged to play the match.
II. MODIFY THE CHALLENGE: As the person being challenged, you have the responsibility to find an acceptable match time and location within 4 days from the moment you are challenged or else you will forfeit the match and your opponent will take your place on the ladder.
III. DECLINE THE CHALLENGE: This is the option you should choose if you cannot accept the challenge due to illness, vacation, busy schedule, etc. Although you forfeit matches you decline, this process will keep the ladder moving and allow players to participate in more matches. This option is also the default if you do not respond to a challenge within 4 days.
5. MATCH RULES:
A. BEST TWO OUT OF THREE SETS: All challenge matches must be played in the best two out of three sets format, with a seven-point tiebreaker played if any set is tied at 6-6. Players will spin a racquet or flip a coin to determine the initial serve or side of the court.
B. RULES: The Rules of Tennis will apply to all challenge matches so please become familiar with such rules. These rules may be found at www.usta.com.
6. AFTER EVERY MATCH: After every challenge match, the winner must report the score via the Network.
7. EQUIPMENT, COURTS & WEATHER: The player being challenged is responsible for bringing at least three tennis balls to the match. Additionally, both players must supply their own tennis equipment (racquet, tennis shoes, water, etc.).
8. LADDER SEASONS: Each tennis ladder will be from October 1st to April 30st and you may register and begin playing at any time during any particular season.
9. PRIZES: Prizes will be awarded to the top finishers in each ladder category at the end of the season.
Where is everyone playing tennis? Use an event to attract other network players to meet at a specific court to play some tennis. Learn more.
Go to Fairbanks, Alaska to view events for the entire area, and not just this network.
Using this tool, you can attract a group of players to meet at a court to play some tennis. Here's how it works:
1). Click the "+ Add" button above the calendar.
2). Select the court, date and time.
3). Select the playing levels you are looking for.
4). Select the minimum number of players you need to play.
5). Determine who to invite. (nearby players, network members, connections, etc..)
And that's it! Players can now join your event. You can also add, or even invite players.
Once the minimum number of players have joined, everyone will get an email letting them know it's on!
You will be able to see all the players who have joined, and even post comments.
When logged in, you can view all events near you by clicking the event icon at the top right of every page:
For easy access, you will see all your events in your "My Links" drop down:
No records found
Go to Fairbanks, Alaska to view comments, partner searches, and check-ins for the entire area, and not just for this network.
Chat for network members. All members will be notified when a comment is made.