Flagstaff Tennis Association (FTA) is a non-profit organization and functions as a United States Tennis Association (USTA) Community Tennis Association (CTA) within the USTA Northern Arizona (NAZ) District and USTA Southwest (SW) Section. FTA is also a USTA Organizational Member.
Vision: Serve as a positive, unifying force within the Flagstaff community, bringing together people, organizations, agencies, businesses, and other parties to define and pursue goals that benefit Flagstaff area residents through the great sport of tennis.
Mission: FTA is organized and operated as a charitable, non-profit corporation for the following primary purposes:
(1) Developing the growth of tennis as a means of healthful recreation, physical fitness, and athletic competition;
(2) Serving as the nuculeus of community tennis by providing and supporting tennis services, and programs to benefit the Flagstaff area community;
(3) Building community and cooperation among tennis enthusiasts, organizations, and businesses;
(4) Fostering high standards, fair play, and good sportsmanship;
(5) Encouraging and conducting sanctioned and non-sanctioned tennis tournaments and events;
(6) Upholding the Rules of Tennis determined by the Internation Tennis Federation;
(7) Upholding the regulations and policies established by the USTA, USTA Southwest Section, and USTA Northern Arizona District;
(8) Hosting civic, social, and recreational activiteis to nurture camaraderie among tennis enthusiasts;
(9) Carrying on other similar activities permitted to be carried on by non-profit corporations under the laws of Arizona.